Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mission Critical

The mission critical site is a great resource. It clearly lays out the parts of an argument, and ways to analyze them. It also covers the variety of fallacies and emotional appeals. I think I enjoyed the emotional appeals section the most as this is something that I have seen many people struggle with understanding the differences. The site explains the difference between fear, pity, spite, loyalty, produce, and vanity. It also has an exercise for almost every explanation. This is great for people like me who want to cement what I have read in a practice. Often I will read something and it goes in and comes out without sticking, but when we get to practice it in real life scenarios the important parts seem to stay with me. All in all it is a great tool when trying to understand the varying components of arguments, and I would recommend saving it as a favorite for future classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment